Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Boomerang Clue (Why Didn't They Ask Evans?)

First Published: 1934
Setting: Wales, Hampshire
Starring: Bobby, Frankie
Important Other People: Roger Bassington-ffrench, Moira, Badger

I hardly took any notes on this book while I was reading it, and there is no mention of it in Agatha's biography. I think because it starts off so promising and with such great characters, but it doesn't really follow through. There's twists, but some of them just peter out. Don't get me wrong- I like this book a lot! I just think it could have been a lot better.


Interesting facts: Only appearance of Bobby and Frankie, who are wonderful and I'm sad they aren't in any other books. The idea of a chance sentence heard by the protagonist was used before in Lord Edgware's Dead, although it was elaborated on here.

Favorite? Yes because of the way it starts off- a chance remark leading to an adventure!

Death by: Shooting, pushed off a cliff

Body Count: 2; Cumulative: 32

The Count: Poirot-8, Miss. Marple-1, Tommy and Tuppence-1, Hastings-5, Japp-4, Colonel Race-1, Superintendent Battle-2, George-1, Goby-1, No Recurring Character- 2

Agatha's Life Lessons: Men like helpless women (and isn't that annoying!) Don't get sidetracked.

Up Next: Three Act Tragedy

1 comment: