Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Agatha Challenge- Day 1

I read a lot.
One of my favorite things to do is reread the same books over and over again. I've read The Tuesday Club Murders at least 15 times, which is slightly less than some of my other favorites (but non-Agathas).
I believe the first Agatha I ever read was The Murder of Roger Ackroyd. We have an old copy of that, one that's pseudo hard cover, but the cover is squishy. What's the name for that? I don't know.
Anyway, I loved it.
Since then, I have been compulsively reading and collecting Agathas to the point where we are not only on a first-name basis, but you can guarantee that no matter what else I'm reading, I'm also reading an Agatha.
I read about the Agatha Challenge a while ago on the internet, to read all of her novels in the order in which they were published. I have recently come into an abundance of free time, which means that I can dedicate even more of my life to the great Agatha Christie and her books.
First up, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, first published in 1920. Here we go.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, but have you read, 'The importance of being a Dorcas?' There aren't many copies published, but you and the title character are so similar I can't see how you wouldn't have read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dorcas as in dorcas gailen, from the Best Movie of All Time? Mary hasn't been kidnapped by an oregan backwoods brother (yet), so I'm afraid I don't see the similarities.

    ReplyDelete